About the listing
The Lorne Sculpture Biennale (LSB) is a vibrant festival celebrating the best of Australian and international sculpture.
It’s a free public event held every two years, where the stunning Lorne foreshore becomes the picturesque pedestal for sculptures and the venue for a vibrant program of events.
LSB2021 ‘A sense of place’ celebrates the best in contemporary Australian and International sculpture in a vibrant event that enriches and transforms the stunning Lorne foreshore.
Victoria’s most prestigious sculpture event, now in its seventh iteration, the Lorne Sculpture Biennale is an iconic event for arts lovers and novices alike.
As in the past a sculpture trail along the beach would be created. A new model will present up to 16 public art projects created in “precincts” along the foreshore.
Each precinct will become a transformed space, and artists would be asked to take ownership of their precincts to create new experiences.
They will be free to highlight the diverse influences that make Lorne unique as a magnificent natural location but one of fascinating human activity, both now and in the past.
Exploring the construction of the Great Ocean Road, the changing face of tourism, first peoples, early settlement, shipwrecks, timber and fishing industries will be some of the themes.
LSB2021 has the aim of enlivening and educating, demonstrating the role that artistic endeavour can play in everyday life.
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids).
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia).
Lorne Sculpture Biennale
30 Oct 2021
31 Oct 2021
01 Nov 2021
02 Nov 2021
03 Nov 2021
04 Nov 2021
05 Nov 2021
06 Nov 2021
07 Nov 2021
08 Nov 2021
09 Nov 2021
10 Nov 2021
11 Nov 2021
12 Nov 2021
13 Nov 2021
, Lorne, VIC 3232 View map